3rd Annual Explore Wabashiki Day
Hosted by Wabash Valley Riverscape
Saturday, September 24th
Wabashiki Fish and Wildlife Area & Bicentennial Park
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Join us and several different community partners on September 24th for the 3rd Annual Explore Wabashiki Day! The day will be filled with exciting activities at Bicentennial Park and the Wabashiki Fish and Wildlife Area!
Join us for the Grand Opening of Ruble Park Saturday at 9 am. Here is our Itinerary and a map with tour locations. Ruble Park Opening Map
Join the VCPRD and Ivy Tech Community College of Terre Haute on Saturday, April 30th for the grand opening of Ruble Park! The event will kick off at Ivy Tech Community College with an official ribbon cutting and a 5K! The VCPRD will then be hosting guided tours of the various trails throughout the morning and early afternoon! Stay tuned for an official schedule of daily activities! We’re so excited to share the latest addition to the Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department with you!
Know before you reserve! Camping season may not be the same length at all Vigo County Parks Department campgrounds. Camping season at Hawthorn and Fowler Park runs from Friday, April 29th to Sunday, October 16th. Camping season at Prairie Creek Park runs from Friday, April 29th to Tuesday, November 1st! If you have any questions, please call our administrative office at 812-462-3392!
Check out this video featuring IDNR Wabashiki Property Manager Scott McCormick discussing the VCPRD and IDNR partnership at the Wabashiki Fish and Wildlife Area!
To access Pioneer Days Application click HERE!
Camping reservations are live!
To Book a site use the direct links.
Fowler Park: https://www.campspot.com/book/fowlerparkin
Hawthorn Park: https://www.campspot.com/book/hawthornparkin
Prairie Creek Park: https://www.campspot.com/book/prairiecreekparkin
To Make a Reservation:
1. Visit vigoparks.org and click the green and yellow Book Now button for the park where you’d like to camp! Book Now buttons are located on the landing page of our website and under the camping tab!
2. Select the dates for your stay and the total number of guests in attendance.
3. Select your site type (electric, electric w/water, or primitive) and select your site number.
4. Add your order to the shopping cart, review your order, and proceed to check out! Fill in all required fields.
5. Confirm your order and enjoy your stay!
Post Reservation Instructions
1. You will receive a confirmation email with your reservation information and an invoice.
2. Twenty-four (24) hours prior to your arrival, you will have the option to check-in online. Please review your reservation details before checking in. You will receive a confirmation email directly following the online check-in process.
(NOTE: you may also check in at the gatehouse upon your arrival. All campers making reservations at Prairie Creek Park MUST check in online. Thanks in advance!)