Camping Season Begins April 30th and Ends October 15th
2021 Camping season we will be moving to an online reservation system! Continue scrolling for information and frequently asked questions at the bottom of this page!
Address: 3000 E. Oregon Church Road, Terre Haute, IN 47802
Phone: 812-462-3413. Click here to reserve your camp spot. Book Now - Fowler Park Camping
Prairie Creek Park
Address: 3230 West French Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47802
Phone: 812-898-2279. Click here to reserve your camp spot. Book Now - Prairie Creek Park Camping
Address: 6067 E. Old Maple Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47803
Phone: 812-462-3225.Click here to reserve your camp spot. Book Now - Hawthorn Park Camping
How to Make a Camping Reservation
1. Visit vigoparks.org and click the green and yellow Book Now button for the park where you’d like to camp! Book Now buttons are located on the landing page of our website and under the camping tab!
2. Select the dates for your stay and the total number of guests in attendance.
3. Select your site type (electric, electric w/water, or primitive) and select your site number.
4. Add your order to the shopping cart, review your order, and proceed to check out! Fill in all required fields.
5. Confirm your order and enjoy your stay!
Post Reservation Instructions
1. You will receive a confirmation email with your reservation information and an invoice.
2. Twenty-four (24) hours prior to your arrival, you will have the option to check-in online. Please review your reservation details before checking in. You will receive a confirmation email directly following the online check-in process.
(NOTE: you may also check-in at the gatehouse upon your arrival. All campers making reservations at Prairie Creek Park MUST check-in online. Thanks in advance!)
Proposed VCPRD Rates PDF
We’re so excited to unveil our online booking system! Per popular demand, we are moving to a reservation camping system! Coming this spring, all reservations for ALL VCPRD rental facilities can be made at our website at vigoparks.org!
Campers will have the ability to reserve the site(s) that they want for the days that they want. There is an additional $2 booking fee per reservation and an optional one-time $5 lock site fee. All camping policies still apply.
Payments can be made in cash, card, or check for Hawthorn and Fowler Parks, and walk-up reservations are permitted. However, camping reservations made for Prairie Creek Park MUST be done online and paid for by credit card through our online booking system. Thanks in advance!
Click here to reserve your campsite.Book Now - Hawthorn Park Camping Book Now - Fowler Park Camping Book Now - Prairie Creek Park Camping Book Now - Shelter and Barn Rentals
Frequently Asked Questions About the New Online Reservation System
Q: When will the reservation system be available?
A: April 2021
Q: What’s the $5 lock site fee mean?
A: The $5 lock site fee is an optional fee you can pay that guarantees that specific site you want to reserve
Q: Where is the new rental cabin located?
A: The new rental cabin is located in Fowler Park campgrounds.
Q: Is the cabin available for overnight rental or is this a daytime rental?
A: The new rental cabin in Fowler Park campgrounds is available for camping purposes and is to be rented as a campsite.
Q: Where will the boat and kayak rentals be available?
A: Boat and kayak rentals will be located at Fowler Park and Hawthorn Park. You will be able to rent boat and kayaks out from the park gatehouses.
Q: What type of boat is available for rent?
A: We will have a jon boat for rent at our Fowler and Hawthorn Parks in addition to kayaks
Q: Previously, there was a slight discount if you booked and paid a week or two weeks at a time. Will that still be in place with this new system?
A: We will no longer have the 1- 2 week rates. It will be a flat daily rate per the site selected. 12 primitive/20 electric/25 electric and direct water.
Q: Do you have Fowler, Hawthorn, and Prairie Creek Park campgrounds maps available?
A: Yes (see above)