Notice: Due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, please check and be aware of all possible state and county restrictions when reserving a facility.
Fowler Park Log Church Rental Rates
Friday-Sundays & Holidays: $53.50
Fowler Park Log Church Features
The Church is an early 1800’s log cabin that was donated to the Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department in 1986 by Don Mercer. It was reconstructed in Pioneer Village designed to be the village church. The log church is furnished with pews and chairs for visitors to sit. Those interested in renting the Church must acknowledge this is a primitive structure with no electricity or plumbing.
Lessee (renter) of the Church must agree to the following terms and conditions of rental:
- The fireplace may NOT be used unless lessee obtains prior approval. Firewood is not provided.
- Lessee is entitled to use all other items/fixtures inside the Log Church, including six (6) lanterns on the fireplace.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the church.
- No confetti of any kind may be tossed within the church or on the porch.
- Decorations are permitted. Any tacks, staples or adhesives must be removed before vacating the site.
- Driving/Parking on the grass is NOT permitted. Guests should use the Log Barn or Shelter A parking lots.
- Lessee is responsible for leaving the Pioneer Village Log Church as it was found. A fee equal to the cost of cleaning, repair, or replacement will be charged in case of damage or loss.
- Full Compliance with Park & Signage Policies (click to view policies here:) VCPRD PARK & SIGNAGE POLICIES-SHELTER RENTALS
- Lessee, groups, families, and/or individuals failing to adhere to rules will be denied future rental of all park facilities.
What to do if you want to reserve the Fowler Park Church?
- Click on the dates on the above calendar for which you would like to reserve the building.
- Fill in the above text boxes with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Event Details
- Name for a sign to hang on building (i.e. – Jane’s Birthday)
- Approximate # of attendees
- Click send to send a confirmation email to our server and to the email that you provided.
- A PayPal icon will appear. Click on the icon to be redirected to our PayPal page.
- Enter credit/debit card information.
- Once we receive your payment, we will confirm your reservation!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call our Administrative Office at 812-462-3392, Monday-Friday during the hours 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Payment & Cancellation Policies
- Payments must be paid in full at the time of booking. No exceptions. If payment is not received at the time of booking, the reservation will not be submitted.
- Any reservation canceled within 2 weeks of the rental date will result in forfeiture of the entire rental fee. No rental credit will be given.
- No refunds will be awarded. Any reservation canceled prior to 2 weeks of the rental date will be eligible for rental credit. Credit is available for the same days paid during the same calendar year.
- NO RAIN DATES ARE PERMITTED.
- All payments must be made via credit or debit card. Thanks in advance.