Notice: Due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, please check and be aware of all possible state and county restrictions when reserving a facility.
Persimmon Shelter Rental Rates
Friday-Sundays & Holidays: $51.50
Persimmon Shelter Rental Features & Amenities
- Seats 80 comfortably
- Electricity & Water
- Lake View
Rental Policies & Responsibilities
- Lessee is entitled to use of picnic tables located under the shelter, grills, and electrical outlets. Playgrounds must be made available to the public during your rental.
- No ground fires are permitted without prior approval.
- At no time is parking/driving allowed on the grass.
- Decorations are permitted. Any tacks, staples or adhesives must be removed before vacating the site.
- Lessee is responsible for leaving the shelter as it was found. A fee equal to the cost of cleaning, repair(s), or replacement will be charged in case of damage or loss.
- Full Compliance with Park & Signage Policies (click to view policies here:) VCPRD PARK & SIGNAGE POLICIES-SHELTER RENTALS
- Lessee, groups, families, and/or individuals failing to adhere to rules will be denied future rental of all park facilities.
What to do if you want to reserve the Persimmon Shelter?
- Click on the dates on the above calendar for which you would like to reserve the shelter.
- Fill in the above text boxes with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Event Details
- Name for a sign to hang on shelter sign (i.e. – Jane’s Birthday)
- Approximate # of attendees
- Click send to send a confirmation email to our server and to the email that you provided.
- A PayPal icon will appear. Click on the icon to be redirected to our PayPal page.
- Enter credit/debit card information.
- Once we receive your payment, we will confirm your reservation!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call our Administrative Office at 812-462-3392, Monday-Friday during the hours 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Payment & Cancellation Policies
- The rental fee must be turned into the Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department no less than thirty (30) days prior to the rental date. If the rental fee is not received thirty (30) days prior to the rental date, the rental date and time may be released to another lessee.
- Any reservation canceled within 2 weeks of rental date will result in forfeiture of the entire rental fee.
- NO RAIN DATES ARE PERMITTED.
- Payment can be made in cash, check, money order, PayPal, or credit/debit card.
- Make checks payable to Vigo County Parks & Recreation Department.
Persimmon Shelter Photos